Tigard Pest Solutions
First of all, homeowners in Tigard are fortunate to live in such a beautiful city. Also, it is hard to find a better place to live between the laid-back lifestyle, good schools, and awe-inspiring aesthetics. However, given such green and robust life, living in Tigard comes with some drawbacks like severe pest activity. With Tigard pest solutions, you don’t have to share your home with pests seeking shelter.
Pest Around Town
Unfortunately, Tigard is home to several different pests that often find their way inside homes. Some of these pests are nuisances more than anything, while others pose an actual danger to human health. Identifying pests can be complex and needs a professional eye to decide on a proper treatment approach. In addition, different insects and rodents require treatment methods that can be conducive to other species increasing their activity.
The Ants of Colorado
- Carpenter Ants- This species of ants induce the most fear in homeowners. They are wood-destroying pests because of their ability to digest wood. They will use the whole colony to slowly eat the timber holding up your home quietly inside the wall voids.
- Pavement Ants- At first sight, the Pavement ants look like the Odorous House ant but share their differences. The most significant indicator is their proportional body segment versus the Odorous ant with an enlarged abdomen.
- Odorous House Ants- This ant species is the standard type that homeowners in Tigard will encounter. They earn their name because their bodies secret a distinct odor when squished.
- Giant House Spider- The Giant House Spider is the most common spider Tigard homeowners can expect to find. They are tremendous and move at quick speeds. They do not typically create webs but rely on their speed to hunt.
- Hobo Spider- Many people shriek when they hear about a Hobo spider because of the myth that they carry. Allegedly their venom causes necrosis, similar to the Brown Recluse, but there are no documented cases. They look identical to the Giant House Spider but are smaller in size and have different colorations on their body.
- Garden Spider- You will indeed find Garden spiders everywhere outside in Tigard. They weave highly intricate webs that can span from a roof to the ground. Gardeners love them because they help with harmful garden pest populations. They usually have unique, vibrant coloration on their body as well.
- Yellow Jackets- No one enjoys having Yellow Jackets around because they are incredibly intimidating and aggressive. Yellow Jackets will nest underground and create tunnels or high up on eves. They do not give much warning before attacking and should be removed by a professional immediately.
- Paper Wasps- Often mistaken for a Yellow Jacket at first, but still share mutual aggression. Paper Wasps create nests made out of fiber material they find in nature like wood or mud. They are not as dangerous to be around Yellow Jackets, but homeowners do not want them near their homes.
- Mud Daubers- The Mud Dauber looks nothing like the other wasps in the area and is good to have around. As ironic as it sounds, Mud Daubers are hyper-aggressive towards other pests and fear being around humans. Their physical appearance may look intimidating, but their behavior is generally lax.
You Can Benefit from Pest Control
Signing up for a professional pest control service is highly subjective to homeowners. For some people, seeing a bug is like seeing a thousand, while others may not share this fear. However, personal biases aside, there are some key factors to consider before declining a service.
- Pests problems build quickly and can happen without you ever knowing. Real difficulties can exist for months or years without visible signs of activity. Once the homeowners know of an infestation, treatment can be quite an uphill battle.
- Many pests are known to spread disease or other harmful bacteria harmful to human health. For instance, ants usually have a lot of bacteria on their body that they spread when infesting pantries.
- Tigard pest solutions will also provide a significant amount of prevention. Pest activity does not have to build before reaching out; many homeowners benefit from preventing movement.
As a homeowner, you want to protect your home best from intruders, including pests. Pests actively seek food and shelter, making your home their haven if you allow it. Here are a few tips to help prevent general pest activity.
- Seal gaps and cracks with silicone or caulking that lead inside the home
- New weather stripping on your doors
- Clean messes as they occur
- Frequently take the garbage out
- Regular cleaning (mopping, wiping counters, vacuuming, etc.)
- Secured window screens
- No leaks coming from piping (they are heavily attracted to moisture)
- Traditional lawn and yard maintenance
- Store food items in sealed containers (including dog food)
- Survey the roof and basement for any gaps or leaks as well
- Reduce clutter and clean under furniture periodically to eliminate harborage points.
- Remove or relocate wood piles away from home
- Remove or relocate outside food for birds away from home
Common Places for Pest Activity
There are endless places where a pest can find its way inside your home. Most are tiny and malleable enough to squeeze through tight spaces around your home. But, there are many common areas they can access your home from that are great to keep an eye on.
- Open doors and windows
- Unsealed weather stripping and screens
- Gaps and cracks in the foundation
- Loose siding
- Separated window seals
- Plumbing lines
- HVAC lines
- Crawlspace and busted crawlspace screens
Prime Is Here To Help
Preventing and controlling pest populations around the home is quite a daunting task. It is overwhelming because there are so many steps and areas to ensure that it is too difficult for one person. Prime Pest Solutions provides Tigard homeowners with premiere quarterly pest control services that ensure your home is pest-free. In addition, our technicians receive the best industry training with yearly credentialing.
Our team directly comes from the Tigard community that genuinely understands your pest problems. There is no one-size-fits-all approach to pest control, so we create a custom treatment plan for every service. The treatments depend on the pest activity you see and the season to ensure maximum effectiveness. Please, Contact us today for a free quote to treat and protect your home and family!